Pushing Power Registration
Giving birth can be one of the most significant events of any woman’s life, and it may also bring up a lot of anxiety and fear, especially around pushing and the possibility of tearing.
In this unique class we will learn how to connect the breath with the pelvic floor. We will find the landmarks of the bony pelvis in ourselves and determine how the pelvis
and baby interact during birth and how to make more room in the pelvis for baby. We will understand the essential role of the pelvic floor muscles and how they can help the baby rotate and get into optimal position for birth.
We will discover what “2nd stage” of labor is and what happens during pushing and explore strategies to help it be more easeful and functional.
We will review positions and breathing for effective pushing and how best to prepare beforehand. We will learn some exercises to relax and release the pelvic floor muscles in order to let go and let the baby out
Wear comfortable clothing as we will move!
- How to connect the breath with the pelvic floor.
- How to do a proper kegel.
- Determine how the baby and the bony pelvis interact during birth.
- Discover what 2nd Stage of Labor is and what happens during pushing.
- Understand the essential role of the muscles of the pelvic floor and how they can help the baby rotate and get into optimal position for birth.
- Why posture, alignment and our movement matter for birth
- Learn breathing techniques for effective Pushing
- We will review optimal and safe positions for Pushing
- We will some exercises to tone and release the pelvic floor for birth.
- What is most important for the first 6 weeks AFTER delivery!
About the Instructor:
Chantal Traub, CD, CCCE, LCCE is an active Doula, has been assisting expecting families in the New York Metro area since 2003. What she found from going to hundreds
of births is that women were often under prepared for 2nd Stage, the pushing part of labor. She developed her unique classes to help inform and prepare for
effective pushing and optimal recovery. Whether a natural physiological birth or an epidural birth is planned; her Pushing Power class will leave you feeling confident and prepared.
Classes are $125.
All requests will be processed according to availability. An office staff will contact the patient to confirm.
Please note the reimbursement policy: Full reimbursement will be given if registration is canceled 2 weeks before the scheduled class. After 2 weeks, no reimbursement will be given.